Our Preventive Dental Program
Both natural teeth and teeth with restorations survive best in an oral environment that is clean and plaque-free and where the intake of potentially harmful foods is controlled. Our program is designed to help prevent new cavities, preserve teeth that have been restored and manage and maintain periodontal health. The following are helpful recommendations:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day with a soft bristled toothbrush and fluoride-containing dentrifice.
- Floss daily in an up and down motion while keeping the floss press against the tooth surface.
- Avoid smoking.
- Avoid sticky sugary foods.
- Eat a balanced diet.
- Use antiseptic and fluoride rinses as directed.
- Have sealants placed on young permanent teeth.